The following are a few recipes that we have for our product feel free to post a few on our Blog Section of our site. To Good Health!
Sprouts - like all vegetables, are more nutritious raw, since sprouts are living food, they are the most nutritious of vegetables. Some people think it is wrong to cook sprouts, but all that matters is Eat More Sprouts, if you prefer them raw or cooked, any way is better than none.
Alfafa - Sweet slaw salad
- 1-2 Cups shredded cabbage and grated carrots
- 1-2 Cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup pineapple - chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes - halved
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- salt to taste
- Combine cabbage, carrots and sprouts with fruit in a large bowl.
- Mix up the other ingredients and pour over the sprout and fruit mix.
- Toss to blend.
Barley - Detox Smoothie
- 1/4 cup of barley grass juice.
- 2 cups any other sprouts of your choice
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbs. fresh onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup raw beet
Beetroot - Potato Salad
- Potato Salad. Make it your favorite way.
- Add as many beetroot as you wish, they make the salad rich in colour.
Broccoli - Sprout Salad
Add to Potato salad, fried rice and stir fries. Delicious with other sprouts mixed with avocado in a sandwich.
- Anything & Everything
- Sprouts come in all shapes and sizes. Add some Leafy Sprouts, Bean Sprouts or Greens - to a salad of garden vegetables or - use nothing but sprouts and toss with a little oil and vinegar or your favorite dressing.
- Consider including our salad mixes.
Celery Seed - Chicken
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Chocolate and Raspberry Chia Pudding
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, chili powder, mustard, celery seed, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.
6 Tbsp unsprouted chia seeds
2 cups coconut milk beverage or any non-dairy milk
6 large squares dark chocolate (yield about 2 Tbsp melted + 4 Tbsp grated chocolate to decorate)
½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries + a few raspberries to decorate
- In a small pot melt about 4 chocolate squares over low heat (should yield about 2 tablespoon melted chocolate). Add 1 cup of the coconut milk beverage or your favourite non-dairy milk and stir until combined making sure the mixture doesn’t become too hot. Turn off the heat and let it cool to the room temperature.
- In the meantime, add the raspberries and 1 cup of coconut milk beverage or your favourite non-dairy milk to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a jar or a glass container and add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Mix well until all the chia seeds are covered with the liquid. Cover with a tight lid and place in the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour it into a jar or a glass container and add 3 tablespoons of the chia seeds. Mix well until all the chia seeds are covered with the liquid. Cover with a tight lid and place in the refrigerator. Keep the chia seeds in the fridge over night or for at least 8 hours.
- Once ready to prepare the pudding, check the consistency of the chocolate chia. If you find it too thick add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the milk of your choice and mix well.
- Divide the chocolate chia in half and place each half into 2 small bowls or dessert glasses. Divide the raspberry chia in half and place on top of the chocolate chia.
- Grate the remaining 2 squares of the dark chocolate using a grater or shave it with a knife. To decorate the chia pudding, add about 2 tablespoons of the shaved chocolate and a few raspberries to each dessert glass.
Chick Pea - Sprout Hummus
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (more or less - to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- Hot chilli sauce (optional)
- Mix all ingredients to desired consistency using a food processor.
- Spread hummus on serving platter drizzle olive oil + sprinkle paprika over top.Slice cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, etc. and place around hummus.
- Spread Hummus on flour tortilla, top with Leafy Sprouts. Roll it up. Serve whole or slice
Chinese Cabbage - Sprout Omlette
- 2 Cups of mixed sprouts, mainly Chinese Cabbage
- 1/2 onion sprouts
- Eggs with whatever else you like to put in them:
- Prepare an omelette and fill with sprouts or scramble your eggs with the sprouts.
- Cook the sprouts as little as possible - they're more nutritious that way.
Cumin - Moroccan grilled chicken with preserved lemon
- 1 small chicken, jointed into pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 preserved lemon, washed and chopped, skin and pith only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
For the dipping sauce
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp preserved lemon brine
- Trim the chicken pieces neatly and combine with the rest of the marinade ingredients in a roomy bowl. Cover loosely and leave in a cool place for a few hours, overnight if possible.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue. It should be moderately hot. Shake the excess moisture off the chicken joints and grill until the juices run clear, test through the thickest part with a skewer. Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce, and leave to infuse.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the dipping sauce on the side.